Monday, June 10, 2013

Mushrooms Out of a Box


So I recently acquired one of these fun "Grow Mushrooms Right Out of this Box" kits and I decided to chronicle the daily growth of the Oyster Mushrooms. Holy cow, they grow so fast! Seriously, nothing for the first 3ish days and BAM, there such a change from the morning to the evening in size. Once they started growing, I harvested them five days later! So much fun and they were super-delicious. After I harvested this batch, I soaked it again in water and turned it around and more are sprouting out from the backside.


First day of growth

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 4

Day 4

Day 5

Harvest

Turned into stirfry! 

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing!
    Although, it freaks me out a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those boxes! It's such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete