Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Whole Grain Baking

English Muffin Bread
 You guys, I can't wait for this book to come out. Celine and Tami are making an amaaazing book on whole grain baking, and I've been lucky enough to be a recipe tester for them. I thought I would show you a sampling of some of the things that I have been baking thus far (and make you drool a little.) Seriously, these ladies have changed how I have viewed whole grain baking. I've discovered that I LOVE spelt flour, and that it might be my favorite flour (what, you don't have a favorite flour?), and that barley flour is pretty awesome too. In most of these recipes, you wouldn't be able to tell that this was "healthy" baking (and sometimes I don't tell Nik and he doesn't even notice!) I really can't rave enough about these recipes, and can't wait for the actual book to come out. There is a nice balance of sweet and savory too, so I've been making things for dinner and for breakfast/sweets time.

Coconut Spice Granola with vanilla soy yoghurt

Wholly Noochy Crackers


Lemon Curd Tart. Celine was super-nice and put this recipe up on her blog yesterday! 

Pita Bread that puffs!!

1 comment: