Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hello!

The internet has been quite dead this past month, yes? I took a little break too, to enjoy some end of the summer-ness. Lots of painting and cooking and loungin' away from the computer. I'm going to Portland, OR in a few weeks for vacation too! I need to start planning what I'm going to do (i.e. narrow down the places I want to eat at, haha). I found this jaw-dropping list of vegan and vegan-friendly food carts from Jess' blog and I have some serious deciding to do.


This morning I wanted something different than my usual pancakes/waffles for sunday brunch, so I decided to go for some crepes from Vegan Brunch. I made a white peach sauce and the lemon-cashew creme filling (from VB) for the innards, and it was quite the tasty meal. White peaches are my favorite! We used to have a white peach tree in our yard, growing up, and it would be bent over in half from the weight of all the peaches by the end of the summer. So many yummy pies and peach bread!


Grilled eggplant with apricot bbq sauce on homemade foccacia bread.


I've made these chocolate-chip zucchini muffins twice in the last two weeks! I used the Vegan Brunch recipe for Zucchini Spelt muffins, but used whole wheat flour and added chocolate chips. Zucchini baked goods are incomplete without chocolate for me!


I picked up a small package of Teese last week and fresh figs were on-sale at Whole Foods, so I decided to make some fig and olive pizza with a whole wheat crust! I also made one with fresh tomato and basil, but forgot to take a picture of that one. Delicious! That's some homemade sauce on there too with all the heirloom tomatoes and regular tomatoes I got in my CSA last week.

Last week's brunch was chocolate chip waffles (I love my chocolate chips, what!) Waffles are always pretty to photograph. :)


I've been buying extra at the farmer's market for the last few weeks, and freezing stuff for winter months when I'm going crazy on root veggies. I always forget to do this! Gotta do tomato sauce soon. I've found it's a whiz to make homemade sauce with the Vitamix. No peeling skins or deseeding! Homemade sauce is the best.

1 comment:

  1. I love those crepes! Looks like you have been cooking up lots of great food. I need to order V.Brunch!

    ReplyDelete