Thursday, June 25, 2009

Holy moley garlic and the best ice cream ever!

Two more testers for Jae Steele's new book, Garlic Scape Pesto and Pesto Potato Salad (using the garlic scape pesto). Guys, this book is gonna be soooo good!


Some leftover breading from the fried green tomatoes, used on some yellow zucchini. One of my faaaaavorite summertime veggies.


I had a desperate sweet tooth tonight, so I made some quick ice cream, that turned out AMAZINGLY well. I used that new stuff, the So Delicious coconut milk, unsweetened and I just put it in a bowl (ohh, about 1.5-2cups? I was eyeballing everything, desperate I say!), added about a tablespoon of corn starch, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tsp chocolate extract, and sugar to taste (I don't put too much in; a couple small handfuls, precise I know!) Whisk until corn starch and sugar is dissolved and add to ice cream machine. Let the magic begin! I added some shredded coconut in the last five minutes and ohhh was it perfect.



I'm super-excited about this weekend. Going camping with a few friends up to The Gunks. We're going to venture into the Ice Caves and do some hiking. I hope the weather cooperates!

I'm working on a few different paintings right now and one, much larger, project that has multiple parts that won't be revealed for awhile. I've added a few of those mini paintings I posted about awhile ago and my whale painting to my shop this week.

Happy weekend everyone! I feel like summer has finally started!

4 comments:

  1. My oh my, I need to get an ice cream maker! This sounds like the perfect use for the unsweetened coconut milk sitting in my fridge, sad and alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Jae's first cook book. My friends gave it to me for my big twenty-ten ;o) signed by her and everything. And since I'm such a vegan cook book whore I can't wait for her next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want garlic scape so bad! we can't get it here, which is lame. your ice cream looks fabulous. and have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That potato salad looks so, so good as does the ice cream

    ReplyDelete