Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy sunny sunday!

Hello! This weekend has been awesome! Good music, movies, food, sunshine, and relaxing! I'm in denial that monday is tomorrow, but it should be a sunny week also. I have good things coming up in May and I kind of just want April to get lost.

I made Bittersweet's Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake this past week, mostly because I've never had a meyer lemon before, was really craving a lemony cake, and I wanted to make something in my new bundt pan. I've had this recipe starred in my Google Reader for awhile now, and it fit the criteria perfect! Cake came out perfectly, and I hesitated before making the frosting, as it looked a little thick and not as citrusy as what I was craving, but I went ahead and made it anyways. This cake definitely benefits from sitting overnight, as it tasted waaaaay better the next day. Meyer lemons are weird! It's like if an orange and a lemon got together and made baby lemon-oranges. Yum!


Sweet potato fries! Tempeh sammich in the background. I steamed some tempeh and then mixed it with some veganaise, sriracha, and salt/pepper.


Used the leftover tempeh and sweet potato fries from my sammich and made sushi the next day! also a pretty radish, carrot, and chive roll.


I had little collard leaves and a leftover meyer lemon so I made some 'lil collard wraps. I blended some cashews with the meyer lemon juice, a bit of olive oil, salt/pepper to make a spread and put some carrot sticks and chives on it. That spread rocked! If you can't find meyer lemons, just try an orange and a lemon. Seriously, yum! It got a little tangy on the tongue after eating six of those mini wraps though.



Giiiiant CSA pickup saturday morning. So many greens! Here is everything drying on my counter. I'm super-excited for all the Arugula I got. It's my fave!



Whole-wheat Foccacia tonight, from The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen tonight. It called for white flour, but I'm trying to be a good little whole grainer lately, so I subbed all wheat flour and it came out yummy! Thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil on top. That book is pretty good. I haven't made too many things from it yet, but there are a lot I want to make! I grilled some portobella mushrooms on the grill pan and made some sammiches. Nik and I picked up a whole bunch of nuts and dried fruits in anticipation of all the salads we will eat this week (all those greens!), so I made a yummy side salad with dried cranberries and sunflower seeds.


6 comments:

  1. Now I really want to try that bundt cake! And those portobellos look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of meyer lemons either, but that cake looks scrumptious! And I'm so impressed with your sushi... I want to try to make some but it looks so hard! Especially to make some as gorgeous as those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL that food looks awesome! Arugula (we call it Rocket) is one of my faves too - I planted some seeds yesterday. It is SO easy to grow and when you cut the leaves they grow back! GREAT plant to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got two meyer lemons in my CSA and wasn't sure what to do with them, thanks for pointing me to that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to try that cake. I never tried meyer lemons before, but the cake sure looks good.

    All of your food looks great! I love the sushi rolls, sweet potato sushi is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The grilled portobellos and focaccia look delicious, and I am so jealous of your CSA!

    ReplyDelete