Thursday, December 4, 2008

Village



I'm so excited! My sister is on a bus on her way to visit me! Apparently, it was the inaugural trip to NYC for Megabus, and the local news crew showed up at the bus stop and interviewed her and a few other passengers. She'll be on the local news tonight; too funny! It was a steal though, $40 roundtrip from Rochester, NY to NYC! I'm taking it home for xmas (although they jacked the price up around that time, but still super-cheaper than any other mode of transportation.) Highly recommended. I actually have a bunch of Megabus trips planned. Philly next weekend for a friend's Bachelorette party, home for xmas, Philly again for friend's wedding (i'm in it; it cost $2.50 roundtrip 'cause I booked super-early), and then to DC in January for the Presidential Inauguration (soooooo excited). Yeah! Hooray for Mega-bus!

But yeah, this weekend will be fun. We're going to see Stomp tomorrow night and gonna hit a few craft fairs and go see the tree/top of the rock on Saturday.

In other news, at work yesterday I learned that I can add dental and vision onto my insurance for the new year. Whoaaaa was my reaction. I haven't been to the dentist in an embarrassingly long time and I am so excited to finally be able to go (and be able to afford it). I know, excited for the dentist, what a sad state our health care is in this nation.

1 comment:

  1. have fun with your sister! that's awesome that the bus is so inexpensive. i'd totally take advantage of that! and congrats on dental and vision insurance. you are mighty lucky. i have no insurance at my job at all and i haven't been to the dentist since i can't afford it in like... 5 years. it's terrible.

    ReplyDelete