Thursday, October 2, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 2: Breakfast as Dinner



I'd like to give a shoutout to my mom, for wholeheartedly endorsing breakfast for dinner during my childhood. Go with what's good, and what isn't good about breakfast?!? There's been an explosion of posts lately about the vegweb recipe, the Egg McVegan, and I had to jump on the bandwagon, and make it the star of my dinner. I read the comments and mostly went with them in changing it up; rice vinegar and garlic powder for the tofu, plus some sea salt and black pepper and a tiiiiiny shake of turmeric. I used the Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook's gooey grilled cheese recipe for the cheese (and I would DRAMATICALLY cut the tahini used next time, as that was all that I tasted, even after tripling the nooch) and some storebought fakin' bakon on some generic english muffins. Totally yummy. I haven't been to McDonalds in at least a decade, but I do have sentimental memories of going there for breakfast super-early in the morning, with my family, the mornings that we would leave for our annual family drive all the way down to Florida for vacation. Ahh long car drives with family.

My favorite breakfast that my Mom used to make us for dinner was her heart-shaped waffles. I shall walk down memory lane soon and make that too!

5 comments:

  1. I love breakfast for dinner too - that was a big thing with my Mom - totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those look realistic! Yummers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love breakfast sandwiches. I will have to try this recipe.

    My favorite (and very easy bfast) is tofu benedict. I use the hollandaise from saucy vegan, then put it over teryaki tofu and spinach all over toast. I could eat it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks excellent. Breakfast for dinner is my favorite thing.

    ReplyDelete