Sunday, October 12, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 12: Iron Chef Challenge 2-Pear-Pecan Sandies




For the second Iron Chef Challenge, with Pear and Nuts as the secret ingredients, I decided to make some Pear-Pecan Sandies. Although they are super-yummy, they aren't as "sandy" as I'd like, so I'm going to hold off on giving out the recipe until I can get it more how'd I like it. Soon enough!

Also, I finally got my oven to stop smoking when I turn it on! I think some Earth Balance spilled over from the muffins I made last week, or maybe some of the veg. oil from the doughnuts, but SOMETHING was in my oven that caused it to smoke up all scary like. I cleaned it super-thoroughly last night and it seems to have done the trick. I hate it when that happens!!

4 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! Hurry up with that recipe, I've got tons of pears I need to use up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! i haven't had a 'sandy' in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks sooo good. I'm so craving a baked good right now.

    I doubt that I've ever had a sandy, but now it looks like I've got to try one. And I'm glad your oven is no longer smoking - that is some scary stuff when a little oil or butter spills over and you completely forget about it until you're trying make dinner and the oven's a-blazin'.

    ReplyDelete