Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sigur Ros


Picture by Brooklynvegan

I am feeling some serious afterglow today, after seeing Sigur Ros last night, at the Grand Ballroom in Manhattan. Really, really fantastic seats too; 4th row! I had listened to the new album once, before last night, and wasn't too keen on it, and was pretty thankful that they didn't play that many off of it. I found it really hard to wrap my head around Sigur Ros playing pop songs with confetti flying all around them. Mind-bending, I tell ya. I wouldn't say I disliked the new songs, they just totally weirded me out, coming from them. I really enjoyed how happy they seemed to be playing them though. Quite contagious. But yes, I've been super-smiley all day today, with Takk and () on repeat. I also was quite smitten by the opener, Helgi Hrafn Jónsson, Sigur Ros' trombonist. I even bought his EP, Aska; he was that sweet. Speaking of sweet, that encore was beyond sweet. More like insane and amazing sugar rush.

Setlist (taken from Sigur Ros messageboard)
01. Svefn-g-englar
02. Glósóli
03. Sé lest
04. Ny Batterí
05. Við spilum endalaust
06. Hoppipola/með blóðnasir
07. Heysatan
08. Viðrar vel til loftárása
09. Sæglópur
10. Olsen Olsen
11. Inní mér syngur vitleysingur
12. Hafsól
13. Gobbledigook

Encore:

14. Popplagið

No comments:

Post a Comment