Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Dooooooodles

Click to view at a bigger size.

I kept seeing those intricately sculpted chinese dogs in all the antique stores we browsed in, and I was quite taken with this pattern that I kept seeing being repeated on them. I think I'll make a proper print out of it soon.
From a scenic overlook, on our way to Multnomah Falls. There was a tiny boat speeding along the river into the mountains.

Pretty leaves seen while taking a break on the trails of Multnomah Falls.

Mount Hood, standing halfway up it.

Mountains across from Mount Hood. It went on forever and the light was changing rapidly as the sun set.

Sitting at a picnic table in the backyard of the Lucky Labrador Brew Pub. There were a bunch of dudes at the next table playing cards.

Art Museum of Portland's Native American section. One of my favorite sections of museums! The masks alway crack me up for some reason. So cool!

Little dolls in the same section! Nowadays, they would grace the shelves at Kid Robot (and be made of vinyl)!



I promise I'll stop talking about Portland now. I had a lot to get out of my head and into pixel form!

Right now, I'm gearing up for a craft show that is happening in early June and working on some new things for my shop. I've had a habit of collecting fun things to paint on from the side of the road lately. I have a little stash and can't wait to start painting them.

1 comment:

  1. it all looks great! and please don't stop talking about Portland. fingers crossed for the June craft show, too.

    ReplyDelete